[Steppes] Populace This Evening?

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 12:09:24 PDT 2008

--- William Meriic <wmeriic at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> Dallas Cowboys are playing this time a year?  I am no expert on
> sports; but I would have expected hockey to be played in the
winter.

You're joking, right?  Hmmm, maybe you're not joking.  In that
case....

Welcome to Dallas, Texas, where you'd better learn the major sports
teams and their general schedules as a matter of survival.  You don't
have to become a sports fan, much less an expert, but it's a good
idea to know when and where the traffic tie-ups will be.

The Dallas Cowboys play football in Texas Stadium in Irving.  Next
year they will be playing in the brand-new [Jerry Jones' Ego] Stadium
in Arlington.
The Dallas Stars play hockey in American Airlines Center in downtown
Dallas.
The Dallas Mavericks play basketball in the same place as the Stars
play hockey.
The Texas Rangers play baseball in the Ballpark in Arlington.

There are other sports teams in the area, but they don't have enough
following to tie up traffic for hours on all the freeways and side
streets within a 5-to-10-mile radius.

Of course, if you WERE joking, this was a PSA for anyone else who
just moved here....

--Serena