[Steppes] I passed

Joe Horton jrhlotto at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 26 14:47:24 PST 2008

Hello,

Just in case anyone was curious, and more because i am excited. I passed the classroom phase of my training for
my new position. I start field training next monday, 12-29-08. on 3rd shift. Due to costs, i have 2 more training courses to take but
work will wait till more people are qualified to go to them. They are Highway Incedent Management and Haz-Mat Incedent
Management. There were only 5 people in my class. I have been learing Highway Incedent Management/Safety but the one i have
not had yet is taught by the state and deals with large scale incedents. (15 or more vehicles, bridge/road failure)

The final exam was open note/open book and was 100 questions. It was true/false, multiple guess and fill in the blank. According to
my classmates i finished in 27 minutes; i didn't keep track, only needed the notes for 7 questions. The next person finished about
15-20 minutes after i did and the last person finished in just under 2 hours.

I scored the third highest grade, 95; with an overall average of 91, tied for 2nd in the class with 1 other person. Passing was 80 or better. 69 to 79 and you get a 3 day brush up course and re-tested. Some people may wonder why i didn't take more time with
the test; well there are 2 reasons:
  1. I was confident of my answers
  2. Quick and accurate decisions are a must and i scored brownie points that will come into play at reveiw/promotion time.

Well, thats about all the tooting my own horn, err news i have. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

joe h.
Iosef of Graeywood