[Steppes] Fw: Aid for an Ill Scadian

Julie Cunningham cunningham.julie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:51:05 PST 2008

Posting with permission from Sue Patterson.

Countess Margaret ny Connor sent me an email, informing me that Brett Jones
aka Laird Brett MacNelly is in Parkland Hospital and is not well.

Quoting from the email.  Per Countess Margaret...

"This evening I received a phone call from Her Excellency, Countess
Kayleigh, who has maintained a more close friendship with this young man
(despite the fact that she moved to the East Kingdom).  It seems that he is
in Parkland Hospital, recovering from his second failed pancreas transplant
and very despondent.  His mother had called Kayleigh, frantic with fear,
because he seems to have just given up and is waiting to die.  Kayleigh and
Don Eisen have tried the long-distance support thing, but a telephone
conversation just isn't the same as face to face.  Kayleigh called to see if
I'd go by and visit him.  I will definitely do so upon my return, and will
send flowers and an encouraging note in the meantime, but that's a full week
away.  What I'm wondering is if you think there might be anyone in the
barony who might be willing to visit and cheer up a Scadian in distress (not
a damsel, but you can't have everything). I know it's a lot to ask of
people, to go visit someone they don't even know in a hospital, but I
figured if anyone would find this a worthy thing to do, you'd probably know
who that would be and could share this information."

 "His name is Brett Jones.  His room number has changed several times and
will probably change again tomorrow if they move him into rehab, so an
inquiry would have to be made with the hospital for that information.  His
mother's name is Sue Patterson, and her cell phone number is 806-252-3773; a
call to her before a visit would probably be wise.  Her words to Kayleigh
were along the lines of "anything, anything at all that would get his
interest would be great."  As I mentioned above, his interests are in
rapier, woodworking and being a jester (which he practiced assiduously once
upon a time)."

As of 8:30am this morning, Sue says that Brett is still in room 1025 East,
but might be moved to rehab.

So does anyone want to go with me to visit him tonight?  I plan on dressing
in garb.

Katheryn
Baroness of the Steppes