[Steppes] SCA at SMU [Rapier]

Quill gray.quill at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 18:17:21 PST 2008

Hey, I've got two guys (besides myself) who are seriously interested in the
rapier aspect of SCA. I've done my job, regaling them with fabulous tales of
magical armor, an awesome and unlimited variety of offhand weapons and
non-duel scenarios, and how the ladies fawn all over you whether you win or
lose... Now I just need to get them to practice.

Unfortunately, Tuesdays are AWFUL days to schedule anything for college
students. I was wondering if it might not be possible to do something about
that; maybe holding a smaller rapier practice alongside the chivalric (that
way I can also bring the ladies who are interested in heavy fighting to
their practice) or a weekend practice at the regular park (I hear it's very
close to the SMU campus anyway). I'd like to think that a small combat demo
could be put on for/at SMU, but having just come away from the Mandatory
Organizations Meeting and learning some stuff about what is and isn't
allowed around here, I don't know how likely that would be. (I'll keep you
posted as I learn more.)

Also, we will all need loaner gear.

--
In service to The Dream and Dreamers all,
Cuillioc /|\ "Quill", Apprentice

"It is said that the Devil never crossed the Tamar into Cornwall on account
of the well-known habit of Cornish women of putting everything into a pasty,
and that he was not sufficiently courageous to risk such a fate!"

-From the cookbook _Cornish Recipes Ancient and Modern_