[Steppes] Is SCA membership declining overall?

Catherine Sims simscath at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:32:59 PST 2008

Excellent points, all, but as another "old fart" let me add another.  As I
get older, I have more responsibilities in the "real" world that really cut
into my personal time.  I have more commitments that restrict how much
"free" time I have.  I couldn't make Twelfth Night, for example, because I
had too many church commitments this weekend.  I'm on the church council and
a member of the choir, so I am expected to set an example for the rest of
the parish.  I also have more job responsibilities that suck up my evenings
and weekends far more often that I would like - and I have an office job.

This is not intended to be critical of those who are blessed with more free
time and fewer commitments than I have, just another "responsible"
supporting viewpoint.

Arianne
Who is really hating having to be a grown-up right now!