[Steppes] July Populace directions

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 09:09:03 PDT 2008

Greetings Steppesfamily!

I apologize if you get this twice today, but I sent it out last night and have not seen it on the list so am resending.

This Friday evening, Sir Lasguaard and I are pleased to host the Steppes Populace Meeting and Revel. We will have smoked turkey available for your dining enjoyment, but will have the grill fired up if you bring your own entree. Please bring any side dishes you would like to add to our potluck offerings along with any adult beverages you may want. The meeting will start at 7:30 or whenever the Baroness or Seneschal get it going. Bringing a chair would also be a good idea. In the past, we have had some meetings that have been SRO, and we have limited seating on the patio, but lots of room for more chairs out there.

The pool will be available for any that might like to swim. Bring your own towels and swimwear. Please be aware that we do have two cats and an exuberant Laborador Retriever. The dog will be isolated for the most part, but his presence in the house will undoubtedly be known at some point, if you have allergies. The cats will be mingling as they prefer.

Our home is located at 210 S. 3rd St. in Wylie. If you are coming from the East or Southeast, make your best way to HWY 78 and head north. Once you are north of the George Bush Turnpike, you will pass through Sachse and then into Wylie, approximately 8 miles I believe. In Wylie, you will go through the intersection of Hwy 78 and FM 544. ***Continue on 78 to the next light which is Ballard Street. There is a park on the left (north) and a custom motorcycle shop on the right. Turn right and go one block to Butler Street and make a left. Continue on Butler for approx. 3 blocks. We are on the northwest corner of Butler and Third facing Third. Mapquest, Google, and Yahoo all put us a block north for some reason. Lasguaard should have a shield out front.

If you are coming from the north or west or far south, Make your best way to Hwy 75. Go East on the George Bush Turnpike and exit immediately at Jupiter Rd. (there will be no toll for that short segment.) Turn left on Jupiter and go to Plano Parkway, one block past the RaceTrack Gas Station on the right. Turn right on Plano Parkway and continue until it merges with FM 544, just past the railroad tracks east of Los Rios. You will now be on FM 544 and will pass through Murphy and onward for another 5 miles to Wylie. At the intersection of FM 544 and HWY 78 (There is a CVS on the Right, and a Walgreens on the Left) turn left onto Hwy 78. Follow the directions above from the ***.

The house phone number is (972)429-8985. Cells are (214)564-0605 (Lasguaard) and (972)896-1505 (Lyneya). Call if you need further info, have questions, or need guiding in. We look forward to seeing you all.

Lyneya de Grey

Well-behaved women Seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich