[Steppes] Stupid comments

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 14:50:18 PDT 2008

Welcome to the Foot in the Mouth Club....not to be confused with the Fruit of the Month Club, which is much more pleasant, and much less exclusive. As a charter member, I can assure you that you are not the first, nor will you be the last to join this (less than) illustrious group. Amongst our members, you will find those who are far higher in rank than yourself, and those far lower. All levels are welcome here and usually join us as the result of short tempers, self-righteous indignation, sheer idiocy, and too fast a finger on the 'send' key. There are, of course, thousands of other reasons....all of them excellent!

As one of the people of the Barony who has sometimes been mistaken for unfriendly by others (I recently found this out) I want you to understand that this is actually a very friendly group, but some of us are (believe it or not) extremely shy outside of those people we know fairly well. If we don't see you very often at things that we are frequently at, we might not be terribly gregarious. It's that comfort zone crap, y'know. :)

Anyway, welcome to the club and don't worry. As many times as I have joined and rejoined this club, I have always found folks to be forgiving and generous. You will probably beat yourself up for your faux pas, far more than the people you think are offended will.

Happy monday!

Lyneya de Grey

P.S. Anyone who doesn't see this whole post as tongue in cheek and being humorous needs to go watch some monty python or something....get a life!Well-behaved women Seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich