[Steppes] Steppes MoC Needs Help!

Deb Mach dlhmach at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 07:04:57 PDT 2008

Greetings unto the Populace of the Steppes,

King's College is fast approaching and there will be Children's Activities
in the MoC Pavilion.  In order to maintain adults "two deep" as required by
the SCA, I need a few good gentles to help with various activities.  Parents
are required to volunteer 1 hour per day for each child participating during
the day.  But to stay at "two deep", I need more help.  Below are the
activities scheduled and the kind of experienced persons I am hoping to
find.  (My skills in these areas are weak...and I know Steppes has talented
persons in these areas!)

10-11am Make a Heraldic Device - A herald or someone who actually HAS an AoA
that has passed to share with the kids.

11-12nn Weaving and Beading - someone who loves beading and knows a bit
about period techniques.

12-1pm Period and Group Games - a game-loving adult with lots of energy.

2-3pm Embroider a Belt Favor - someone who loves embroidery (but doesn't
expect the kids to do great blackwork)

3-4pm Period Food and Drink for Kids - anyone thirsty to assist Christianna
:)

4pm-5pm Make a Catapult - someone who doesn't mind getting hit my mini
marshmallows.

5-6pm Stories and Song - A Bard!  Someone who can sing (unlike me!!)

Most activities will take less than the hour to complete and the children
will have time for free-play.

Please let me know if you are available for an hour to help with one of
these activities.  We promise to take good care of you in the MoC
Pavilion!!!

YIS,
Klara, Steppes MoC