[Steppes] Official Party Idea?

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Fri Jun 13 09:34:04 PDT 2008

Fionnghuala suggested:

> Since we've talked about it unofficially, I'd like to bring the idea  up
> officially.
>
> I've talked to the management of the apartments I live in on Campus.  For
> 50.00, we can rent out the Phase Two clubhouse, which has a
> little  kitchenette, a big screen TV, sofa, chairs, table, pool table, a
> pool outside, a volleyball court, horse shoe area, etc.
>
> It would be ours for the day. Do we want to try to do something
> for the Fourth of July? Those of us with drums could bring the drums as
> well. There are little grilling stations. We could bring
> and set up shade pavillion things like we had at Springfaire or at
> Warlord. We could literally make an all out party of this.

I love the idea, but not the day.  I'd rather schedule for some time that
every single city, community and family doesn't already have plans.

Serena and I, for instance, will be with my parents shooting fireworks,
speaking freely and peaceably assembling, keeping and bearing arms, not
being witnesses against ourselves, having no cruel and unusual punishment,
not denying or disparaging other rights not enumerated here, reserving
other powers to the states or to the people, and otherwise celebrating
Constitutional freedoms.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin