[Steppes] King's College Thanks From MoC

Regan Caimbeul regan.caimbeul at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:16:24 PDT 2008

Klara-

We would like to thank YOU and Christianna for wrangling the children at
Kings College..  When I had looked over in your direction throughout the
day, it looked like they were having a wonderful time.  We appreciate all
that you do to keep our future safe, and having fun.  :)

Regan

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Deb Mach <dlhmach at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings to All!
>
> I wish to thank those who made the Ministry of Children's Pavilion possible
> at King's College.  We had 8 wonderful children join us for the day.  We
> talked about heraldry and devices, did some weaving, beading and
> embroidery,
> learned about period foods and tasted "periodesque" foods found in modern
> times, played games and were entertained by a bard or three.
>
> Thank you to:
>
> Julio (Josh), Tom and Layla (Ruth) for help setting up the MoC Pavilion.  I
> could not have done it without your help.
>
> Christianna Fergusson, my Deputy MoC, Steppes for all her hard work in
> preparing for the period food lesson and tasting, bringing supplies and
> otherwise keeping me from going crazy.  The discussion of period foods was
> wonderful!  And who knew that almond milk would be such a hit with the
> kids?!
>
> Jennifer Couch and Jennifer Hamilton for their presence and assistance
> during the day.  Helping MoC stay "two-deep" in adult supervision is so
> important these days!
>
> HL Willoc who taught weaving .  Her instruction in weaving was clear and
> simple but not "dumbed down" in the least.  Thank you, also, for the
> needles
> we needed!!  I have a feeling the kids will be asking to do weaving again
> soon.
>
> Ly Belle for your enthusiasm and energy during games!  I envy you that
> youthful spirit and enjoyed watching the younger children looking to you
> for
> instructions and ideas.  Thank you for your singing during Story and Song
> as
> well!
>
> Lord Eirik for another fine class in Catapults....from popsicle sticks,
> electrical tape and plastic spoons!  As always, this is a huge hit with the
> kids (and adults...).  I must, however, deny any knowledge of future
> attacks
> on nobility with these catapults and marshmallows.
>
> Lord Lochlann Dunn, who brought a watermelon for all the share!  It was an
> unexpected treat and it was devoured by hot youngsters and helpers.  It was
> a pleasure having your join us for part of the day.
>
> Gavvin Quinn, who entertained us with his songs.  I'm still thinking about
> The Sentient Chili.  :)  You can sing for the children any time...so keep
> working on that "child-friendly" repertoire.
>
> Goldweard (my apologies if I misspelled), for joining us during the day.
>
> I am grateful to ALL of you for the work you put in and the time you spent
> with our children.   Because of you, the MoC Pavilion and Children's
> Activities are possible.
>
> Thank you again!
>
> YIS,
> Klara, Steppes MoC

If everything happened when and how we wanted, then nothing would be worth
waiting for...