[Steppes] [Fwd: Re: Fantastic Announcement]

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Thu Mar 27 19:56:53 PDT 2008

Sorry for the delayed response. We just got back into town.

A moneyer is one who makes coins. I have also been making the tools and
learning different ways to create the coins as it was done in period.
It's only as dangerous as the person swinging the hammer (I only got hit
once last week, and I'll live =) ). It's only as useful as any period
art or science can be.

I've been working toward journeyman for about 18 months now, so I am
pretty pleased. It's a fun, challenging art that I'll do my best to
improve at.

If you are interested, there will be several opportunities in the near
future to see moneying in action. I'll be doing some at the SAIL demo. I
also hope to get a class together in time for King's College. I'll be in
negotiations with the powers that be about setting up a guild and mint
also. So just let me know if you'd like to make a little money ;).

Thanks much to all for the congratulations!

Duncan