[Steppes] Reminder concerning Woodworking Sun May 18

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Thu May 8 20:19:12 PDT 2008

Just a reminder that on Sunday May 18 (not Mother's
Day weekend but the weekend AFTER that) at 2 pm, my husband
Duncan de Bard (aka Robert of Flower Mound) will be holding an
informal woodworking session in our garage.  He will be working with
the lathe but has other woodworking equipment available.  Bring
your own wood and project ideas.  Email me privately if you will be able
to attend and I can forward it on to him so you can discuss with him
what equipment he has etc. (I know there's a table saw, biscuit joiner,
miter saw, router, and other stuff but no jigsaw or scroll saw).  We
live in Flower Mound and we are about 15 mintues from I-35W and about
20 minues from I-35E.  We are about 10 minutes from Grapevine Mills
Mall.  2713 Pasadena Place, Flower Mound, 75022.  Phone is 972-899-2501
(no calls after 10 pm please).  Bring:  your own wood or stuff for a project;
safety glasses if possible.  This is not a formal Guild, just an informal
group meeting to work on wood related projects.  Children can come and
play with my kids inside or in the back yard but should stay out of
the woodshop.   We will meet a month on the 3rd Sunday of the month, although
we may move to a different Sunday afternoon if there are too many conflicts.

Duncan will also be teaching a wood turning class at King's College on
June 14th.  I believe he will be helping people make spindles, which
use some of the beginning wood turning shapes.  It takes a while but
it makes a lot of nice clean sawdust. I would describe him as at an intermediate
level (not a beginner but not advanced), so if you are an advanced
woodworker I'm sure he would appreciate your input as well.

Christianna