[Steppes] OT -- Thank A Veteran Not Just Today But Everyday

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 22:33:43 PST 2008

To my father, who passed two years ago last June. I didn't know till he was gone that he had served as an Air Force Radioman stateside during the Korean Conflict. His hand writing was a scrawl, but he could print like an Arial font. Fast, small but easy to read. I miss you, Papa.
Thank you to all who served with him, before him and after him.
Gabriele
The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are allowed to remain children all our lives. (Albert Einstein)> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:06:44 -0600> From: elecmaire at gmail.com> To: steppes at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [Steppes] OT -- Thank A Veteran Not Just Today But Everyday> > My grandfather who served in WWI and WWII was at Pearl Harbor as a USMC,> even though I never knew him, I grew up to stories of him and things that> went on. My mother who followed in her fathers footsteps and joined the> Corp. My adopted father who served in the Army, and uncles, nephews, and> who knows all in my family who served. My father-in-law who still serves to> this day. To all others who have served, Thank you from the bottom of my> heart. And yes, I am one of those who get teary eyed at the National> Anthem.> > Elec> > >> >> > ----- Original Message ----> > From: Eric Dickey <dietrich.von.greyssen at gmail.com>> > To: Steppes List <Steppes at lists.ansteorra.org>> > Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:50:55 AM> > Subject: [Steppes] OT -- Thank A Veteran Not Just Today But Everyday> >> > I know this is off topic, but Today is Veteran's Day.> >> > Because you have the freedom to read this, Thank a Veteran.> > Because you have the freedom to respond to this without fear, thank a> > Veteran.> > Because of the sacrifice countless men and women have made, shedding blood,> > sweat and tears so that YOU can live the life you lead today, thank a> > Veteran.> >> > I will start off.> >> > To my wife's grandfather, a Master Sergeant in both the Marine Corps and> > Army (yes you read that right), who fought in some of the worst fighting in> > WWII in the Pacific Theater, Thank you. We all love you and appreciate you> > for what you did.> > To Chris Fisher, aka Lord Falen Caimbeul, thank you my friend, for all that> > you did when you served.> >> > I know there are many others out there in the SCA who are Veterans. Thank> > them today...and thank them everyday.> >> > Dietrich von Greyssen> > mka Eric Dickey> >> > > > -- > Elec inghean Seain> Steppes Deputy Chronicler> mka Shawn Ott