[Steppes] FW: Tavern Night at October Populace!

Chiara Francesca chiara.francesca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:10:04 PDT 2008

Forwarding ...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: shark [mailto:shark75080 at sbcglobal.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 3:48 PM
> To: Steppes
> Subject: Calling Bards, Brewers, Gamers, and Cooks - Tavern Night at
> October Populace!

Greetings Steppes,
I am hosting populace in October, October 24th to be exact, and wanted to
let you all know about the theme. It's tavern night in the Steppes. Populace
will be held in Richardson, at the same apartment complex we held the party
in August - though a different clubhouse. (Thanks to Fiona for helping me
set this up by the way <hugs>)

It will be a Tavern theme, with bardic, period gaming demos (all betting
games with tokens!), brew sharing, and period cooking - as well as
non-period snacks. It starts at 7 usually, but for this night, I will be
there at 6 setting up and you can come as early after that as you want. We
will have the Period Gamesters there to teach and play period games, Steppes
Bards will be roving and entertaining us, the Steppes Loose Assoc. of
Brewers will be on hand with samples of their wares, and all period cooks
are welcome to bring samples of their delicacies.

We will have a clubhouse with a small kitchen, and can use the area outdoors
from the clubhouse for bardic or for socializing. You can swim if you are a
polar bear :)   It would be nice to have some dancing and drumming
performance later in the evening (if one of you wants to organize that, just
email me).

I will send more information out as we get closer to the date, along with a
map, but please let me know if you have questions, or any ideas about stuff
that would be fun to do. If you are a brewer or cook and you can't come but
would like to have something at the tavern, contact me off-list and I'll try
to meet you and get your items to the tavern, labeled with your name, of
course.

In service,
Lady Susanna Nightegale aka sharkie.