[Steppes] Reminder, Steppes Populace this Friday 10/24 @ 7

Shark nightegale at tx.rr.com
Mon Oct 20 12:05:49 PDT 2008

Greetings - wanted to remind you all about Steppes Populace. Also, if you aren't a period cook or brewer, PLEASE bring your own beverages and food. I didn't want to discourage snacks in general. In fact, bring whatever you like to share with the group, as usual.  The following is a reprint of the announcement:

Greetings Steppes,
I am hosting populace in October, October 24th to be exact, and wanted to let
you all know about the theme. It's tavern night in the Steppes. Populace will be
held in Richardson, at the same apartment complex we held the party in August -
though a different clubhouse.

It will be a Tavern theme, with bardic, period gaming demos, brew sharing, and period cooking - as well as non-period snacks.
It starts at 7 usually, but for this night, I will be there at 6 setting up and
you can come as early after that as you want. We will have the Period Gamesters
there to teach and play period games, Steppes Bards will be roving and
entertaining us, the Steppes Loose Assoc. of Brewers will be on hand with
samples of their wares, and all period cooks are welcome to bring samples of
their delicacies.

We will have a clubhouse with a small kitchen, and can use the area outdoors
from the clubhouse for bardic or for socializing. You can swim if you are a
polar bear :)  It would be nice to have some dancing and drumming performance
later in the evening (if one of you wants to organize that, just email me).

If you are a brewer or cook and you can't come but would like to have something
at the tavern, contact me off-list and I'll try to meet you and get your items
to the tavern, labeled with your name, of course.

Fiona sent the following directions to the list for getting to the site and I
added them to this email:

++++

Print the map from the website.  http://www.utdallas.edu/maps

You will need to stop at the VC (Visitor's Center) on University Parkway, then

Turn right on Waterview Parkway,  go north on Waterview Parkway to Drive A (the
red light), then turn right. You'll make a left into the apartments almost
immediately.

The  clubhouse is just past the mail center. When you  turn in, you'll go
straight back on the drive and you'll see the mail center just behind the first
building and the clubhouse right next to that.

NOTE: When you stop at the Visitors Center, you'll need to request a Visitors
Parking pass for Waterview  Apartments. Please make sure you have my name and
number if you have  any problems.  Dana Busenbark  469-222-9236

In service,
Lady Susanna Nightegale aka sharkie