[Steppes] Classes for Children at Steppes Warlord

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Thu Apr 9 10:23:41 PDT 2009

I have been asked to serve as Interim Minister of Children at
Steppes Warlord.  I am in the process of planning some activities
and classes for the children (ages 5 to 12) who will be there.  I would
like to do an activity called "Interview a Fighter/Archer/Swordsman."  I
am looking for one or two fighters (heavy or light), one or two rapier
practitioners, and one or two archers to come BRIEFLY to the
Children's area for 10-20 minutes so that we can interview you about
what you do and who you are.  You can do this in persona or not
as you prefer. Typical questions might be about what kind of weapons you use,
what kind of gear you use, how long you have been fighting, war
stories you would like to tell us, and about your persona, time period and clothing.
Assuming you made your clothing, armor and/or weapons, talking about how you made something
 would also be interesting as well.   Showing the kids your weapons or
letting them touch them (but not hit anyone with them) would also be something the
kids would really enjoy!!  I will have the kids ask questions too,
 although some may be too shy to do so.    My plan is to have classes for the children either from
10-12 and 2-4 or one three hour session from 1-4 on Saturday only.
 We will be doing  period crafts, period games
 and other activities as well.  I promise that we can keep the interviews brief
 and we can work around your schedule!   So email me at ewilson618 at tx.rr.com if
you would be interested in engaging in this exercise with the
children at Warlord.  If you or anyone else have any other ideas
about areas of inquiry for the interviews, please also let me know.

Christianna Fergusson