[Steppes] Drum circle this past Sunday and questions for Drummers and Middle Eastern Dancers

Dale, Richard N DaleRN at aetna.com
Tue Apr 21 09:13:22 PDT 2009

The Drum circle held this Sunday at  the circle of stone at Bedford Boys
ranch was a great success. Everyone who attended learned some new things
and we all got to bang our Drums. In one case we were all drumming the
same rhythm and it sounded awesome! The Drum circle will meet again at
Steppes Warlord. Good news we have already had some inquiries by people
who where not able to attend the first circle and who will attend the
second circle. This Circle is all about Drumming, learning how to drum,
and having fun with others who like to drum.

Regarding Drumming I have a few questions

1. If you drum and did not come to the circle is their a reason why?
2. If you drum do you bring your Drum to events and if not why not?
3. If you did Drum at SCA events and now you don't drum at SCA events
can you tell me why?
4. What you get you to come out to the Drum Circle or to a SCA event and
drum?

Regarding the Middle eastern Dancers
1.What do you want out of event that is going to have a hafla or perhaps
a competition?
2. What make's some Halfa's better than others?
3. What goes into you decision making about which event you will dance
at?
4. What single thing would you most appreciate for just the Middle
Eastern Dancers at an Event?

Thanks for answering these questions It will me coordinate better
drumming and perhaps and Middle Eastern Dancing for all.

Master Richard Fairbourne

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna