[Steppes] Henry VIII Coronation

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Thu Apr 30 08:57:41 PDT 2009

I have found out that the Henry VIII Coronation celebration at Scarborough
Faire will be at 1:30 pm in the Pecan Grove cathedral area (probably the same general
area as where they do the Children's Knighting Ceremony).  The replica of
the Crown Jewels will be carried in the 1 pm parade, which is starting at the
opposite end this year from where it used to start ( it now starts near the Dr. Kaboom
theatre, formally known as the Mud Pit) .  The replica of the Crown Jewels are normally
found in the basement of the Yorkshire Tower of Terror dungeon.  The person
who plays Thomas Cranmer at Scarborough is doing the coronation using
a lot of the original text from the original coronation (although I don't think Cranmer
was the archbishop when the original coronation actually occurred since I thought
 he came in during the time of Anne Boleyn and helped invalidate
 the King's first marriage).  Anyway, it should be interesting and we are planning
to be there Sunday in our Ren Faire garb.

Christianna