[Steppes] Medical help for travelers

Elaine eshc at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 25 09:27:27 PDT 2009

Ignore this if you like, however, I find the following helpful,
offering a bit of peace of mind. It may be consoling to some of you
as well if you travel out of the country and think you may have a
medical or other emergency and need to get home when local services
may take too long, if at all. World travel can be scary these days. I
know some of you may visit other kingdoms.

A fellow in another club of mine died in Mexico, and the politics of
the place made getting the body back to the US take several months.
For me, my husband is a quadruple by-pass patient with diabetes. We
are looking into this company as soon as his passport comes through.
We will probably get the short term insurance for the trip.

The source is from another group we are in that has quite few members
who travel to remote areas of the world, even as close as Mexico's
back country, where the political climate may not always be stable
and getting out is a priority. This company has recently become one
of the resources the members use.

If you know anyone who is planning a trip abroad and may want to have
medical or some kind of needed rescue backup to get out of the area,
this might be a source they may want to look at. (I've been in areas
where the only local transportation was a donkey or the one horse til
you could finally get to a road, and others where guys with lots of
firepower stared at you from rooftops.)

I have nothing commercially to do with this company. I am only
offering the website as a service and possible help for my fellow SCA
members. Check it out for your own information:  https://
www.globalrescue.com/

Yours In Service,

HL Lete Bithespring, Steppes