[Steppes] Children's activities at 12th night

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Tue Dec 22 13:55:44 PST 2009

Just wanted to update the list on the Children's activities.  Right now
the plan is to hold children's activates from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
at Twelfth Night.  My helper Katerine and I are planning an illuminated
letters class and an origami class, and there will be coloring sheets
as well as practice charter painting (of old discontinued materials) for the older
kids 8 and up.  We will also have indoor games and such and may tour the fish
hatchery to see the fish in our Kingdom of Ansteorra. We may take
in a fish show if the timing is right.  I would encourage any children
ages 5-12 to participate. I am also reading up on Sir Orfeo and may do a short
class on the history and read an adaptation of it to them.

 We would like their parents to sign in children ages 5 to 12 and put a badge on
them, although parents may pick them up at any time by 4:30 or sign them in
and out if needed.  Children younger than 5 may participate
with parents present at all times, and teens (13 and up) are more than welcome to
come and go and practice charter painting or help out in the MOC area.
 I am also going to try to tell them a little bit about the history of Sir Orfeo
and read an adaptation of it to them if they seem interested.

  If it is not too cold and wet we may
play some games outside but at present we are planning to do indoor
activities as much as possible, because this cold wet weather aggravates
my asthma and my children's as well.  However, some of our activities
may be limited by the space available.

January 2nd is also my birthday so I would appreciate your
kindness and understanding if something doesn't go as planned.
We will certainly try to keep the children
under control, but most of our children in the Barony and otherwise
are very well behaved as long as they have fun things to do.  So I
hope to see lots of children and teens there.  Although I know I have 2 or
3 of us working in the area, additional volunteers are always appreciated!

Christianna inghean Feargus (yes, the name is now more period!)