[Steppes] "White Elephant" gift exchange

Catherine Sims simscath at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 09:38:31 PST 2009

Please also consider the feelings of the child that might open your gift.  I
saw a child go from happy and excited to be participating to ready to cry
because of the gift he unwrapped.  I swapped my gift for his after the game
so he wouldn't be quite so unhappy, but I would be sorry to see such a thing
happen again.

You may think your offering is funny.  Every adult you know may agree with
you, but please consider that there might be children present who would not
understand and be disappointed.

Arianne Balfour