[Steppes] Roman Standards

uilliacc uilliacc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 04:32:57 PST 2009

a concrete mixed with pumice, or fired bricks made with pumice would
form a type of refractory.  in either case or with stone the mold would
have to start out warm-- stone would require hot to prevent rapid heat
transfer in the initial contact.  Pumice and refractory actually prevent
heat transfer in that while their surface heats up, the conduction
through the material is very limited... pumice or concrete/refractory
would be very superior to concrete or sandstone in this regard...the
surface of the mold wouldn't have to be real smooth to produce glass
that was-- the glass isn't that fluid