[Steppes] King Ludwig of Bavaria

Crandall crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 23:13:25 PST 2009

He built an underground lake, with an island in the middle, and had himself rowed around the lake to the Wagner Cycle pieces done by an orchestra on the island.

I used to visit his town home estate in Ludwigsburg when stationed in Kornwestheim, it was just down the road about 10 klicks.

His Mistress' estate was there as well, along with a Grimm Fairy Tale park.

He bankrupt the country, but the Neuschwanstein Castle was the inspiration for Disneyland.

Crandall, Olde Phart

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably, contentedly, even happily wrong." -John Kenneth Galbraith