[Steppes] January Business Meeting Wrap-up

Susan Harkins shark75080 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 06:15:56 PST 2009

Greetings to the fair populace of the Barony of the Steppes!
Since it is hard for many of you to get to our business meeting, I wanted to send out a post with a link to the business meeting minutes so that you all know what is happening, from my perspective, in the Barony. Don Duncan also provided a link to this and I thank him for posting it to the web.
http://steppes..ansteorra.org/minutes

It's a long document but it includes officer status, offices open for bids, event news and activity information. Thanks to Elec for taking notes for me during the meeting! It's a PDF file and if you cannot read it, email me off list and I'll send a text file version.
First, I wanted to thank everyone for coming to the "delayed" meeting. Even though it was a change in schedule, we had a big crowd there and all the officers were able to be present or send a report to me in writing ahead of time. Thanks for that you guys!
I told everyone that it was my intention to start the meeting on time (at 7pm) and keep it to an hour. My thanks to everyone for helping me do that.
Also, I let everyone know that they needed to contact me if they had something outside of our normal business to discuss. All "special" discussions will be announced in advance, and will be conducted at the end of the meeting. Everyone will be held to the same "ground rules" in an effort to keep the discussion moving and positive.
I plan on focusing my energies for the first 6 months on helping our volunteers, autocrats, and officers get things done and improve follow-through. Let's face it, life happens and sometimes you need more support to get a job done. If you have volunteered for anything in Steppes and you know you are having trouble completing that activity, or need help determining what to do, contactme immediately: cell  972-768-2757, email: shark75080 at yahoo.com. I want to hear about a problem privately before I see complaints on the list. If you notice something has not happened, please contact me before posting and give me a chance to get it fixed. I think this will improve the overall fun factor and prevent much of the discourteous, negative comments made in person, at meetings, in email, and on the list. Discourtesy in any form will not be tolerated! Please, be kind to one another.
Once a bid is approved for any Steppes event, I will have a kickoff meeting and help with planning and will help the autocrat(s) as much as I can to make sure things get done. You will have my support for anything that you volunteer for.

If you need contact information for anyone listed in the minutes or if you have questions or want to help or get more involved, PLEASE contact me and I will get you in touch with the people who can help you!!! If you have not played for awhile, check out all of the things happening in the Barony and come back out and join us!

Please forgive any typos or mistakes in this email or in the minutes. I am just trying to keep the information flowing. Also, if there is an error, email me privately and I will make a correction. Once again my "virtual" door is open.

Yours,
Lady Susanna Nightegale, Steppes Seneschal