[Steppes] Saturday, 31 January -- learn knitting and felting from newest Steppes Artisan!

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 02:04:23 PST 2009

Dear Folk of the Steppes,

Our newest Steppes Artisan, Mistress Rhiannon ferch Cian, will be teaching a class on knitting and felting this Saturday afternoon, 31 January 2009, at Robin & Serena's house starting at approx. 1 p.m.

Mistress Rhiannon is a self-described "fiber geek" and a great teacher as well; she has been a member of the Order of the Laurel for fifteen years.  Come have fun learning a new art, refreshing a long-unused skill, or just hanging out talking about fiber arts with others of like persuasion!

Modern-day attire is recommended.  Bring knitting supplies if you have them.  Allergy note:  we have a cat, and we will be working with wool, although acrylic yarn will be available.

--Serena, Steppes MoAS

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THOSE WHO USE GPS GADGETS:  For whatever reason, our address is not properly synched up with online mapping gizmos and GPS car gadgets.  If you follow those directions, you will end up four houses west of our house.  Once you are on Vinland, IGNORE YOUR GIZMOS and go by the actual house number -- 7135 -- which is posted on both the house and the mailbox post.

Take your best route to I-30 and Buckner.  Turn south on Buckner.  To avoid construction, pass Samuel Blvd.  Turn west (right) on Clover Haven, the first right after Samuel.  Turn north (right) on Freestone Circle, the first right.  Turn west (left) onto Vinland – the third street after you turn onto Freestone.  Our house is about halfway down the block on the north (right) side of the street.  There is a small statue of St. Francis in the front garden near the front porch, and a shield with Robin's arms posted beneath the house number, which is 7135.  Park with the direction of traffic, or you may get a parking ticket.  (Yes, it's really happened.)

Please call Serena at 214-663-2326 if you need further directions.