[Steppes] Warlord congratulations and thanks

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 07:49:24 PDT 2009

Greetings to the populace

What a tremendous Steppes Warlord this year!  I had a wonderful time and I know many others said the same. My thanks to Their Stellar Majesties, Hrafn Olafsson and Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa for gracing us with their presence at this their first baronial event as Crown.  Thanks also to Her Highness Etain, Princess of Oertha for her attendance.

Congratulations to HE Tomas Niallagain, this year’s winner of the Steppes Warlord tournament. To HE Rixende de Rouen, our Queen of Love and Beauty, thank you for being his lovely inspiration.  It was an exciting tournament, seeing the same finalists as the year I was invested. Vivat, Baron Tomas!

After a day of amazing displays of rapier prowess, only one could stand the victor. Our Steppes Champion is Don Brendan "Sass" MacEwen and our Queen of Grace and Honor is Anna MacEwen.    Congratulations to you both.

After a lovely evening of song, stories and rhyme, Master Robin of Gilwell won the day to be named the Steppes Bard.  This is the third time he has held this title.  His final piece by Sir Orfio was wondrous!

Our Steppes Archer is Lord Robin of Northkeep.  There were many that showed up from all around, and Lord Robin made that skillful shot which won him the title.  Vivat Robin!

Congratulations to Justus ap Dewi, the winner of the Knife, Axe and Spear Competition.  Thank you to Lord Jacques the Spink for the lovely knife he made as a gift for the winner.

Vivat to Master Duncan Hepburn, our newest Laurel!  It was a very lovely and moving ceremony and I am so proud of his accomplishments.  I also offer my congratulations to the award recipients listed by Lord Giovanni in his previous email, given by Their Majesties during court.

Other Steppes awards giving out at the event –
Lord Geoffrey  - Acorn of the Steppes
Don Brendan and Don Ingve – Grice of the Steppes
Vivat for you all!

To the Steppes C&I Guild – thank you again for your amazingly beautiful scrolls.  They were a joy to behold and such a fine gift to the tournament winners!  My thanks for your dedication and hard work over the years.

Thank you to the following folks who helped make our gift baskets ones that the recipients will not soon forget -Lady Grace, Lord Faelen, Lady Viviana, Honorable Lady Susanna the Herbalist, Don Alaric, Mistress Kalida, Countess Elisabeth, Lord Morgarten, Christianna, Honorable Lady Nuala, Mistress Hanna, Lady Gabriele, Honorable Lady Saqra, Master Richard, Honorable Lord Ironwrym, and many others who brought other items at site.  Please let me know if your name is not listed here so that I can update my records.

Thank you to Lady Viviana for the tremendous work on the new Steppes Champion Cloak and the Steppes Archer hood.  We now have two more wonderful pass down prizes.  Thanks also to Lady Viviana and an anonymous donor for lovely Steppes pillows. Lady Viviana also repainted and repaired the oak trees. Sir Lasguaard also did excellent job of making our Steppes Guard spears look brand new again. Thanks Lasguaard!

Thanks to Duncan de Bard for his work on the Steppes viewing pavilion.  He took items we already had to make a new pavilion for us to sit under.

I would also like to thank Lady Layla, Countess Elisabeth, Duke Gunthar, Lord Faelen, Lady Regan, Lord Giovanni and Lady Grace for taking care of me during the event.  I could not have accomplished much without you.

A big thank you goes to Master Richard Fairbourne and his amazing event staff for this festive Warlord.   I add my name to the thank you’s that Master Richard and his wonderful event staff have listed previously.  Also thanks to the hard-working marshals for the Warlord, Champion and Archer tournaments, their heralds and list mistresses. We could not have had the event without you all.

It is the populace of the Steppes and the fiery energy that makes this barony great! You are the great treasure in these lands. My thanks to you all.

Katheryn
Baroness of the Steppes
Proud to be of service to you and this Great Kingdom