[Steppes] Populace June 26 and Wood Day June 27, plus Free Wood in Flower Mound

ewilson618 at tx.rr.com ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Sun Jun 21 17:05:10 PDT 2009

My husband just drove around our neighborhood for an hour and picked up a whole van load of free oak that can be turned.  He says there is plenty more that is still left from the big storm a week and a half ago, and some of it has not been cut up yet and could be milled into lumber.  Lots of Oak and smaller pieces of other things.  We even got some cottonwood although I don't know how well it will turn.  At any rate, call him on his cell 214-478-7894 if you are looking for free wood to turn or mill and he can give you some better directions to our neighborhood and our town.  I think they are picking up the storm debris, etc. from my street this weds and I know there is more pickup information on the Flower Mound town website, so I don't know how much of it will still be around by Fri.

Also, we will have Populace at our house on June 26 starting at 7 pm.  Our kids won't be there and will be spending the night at a friend's house, although others' kids are welcome.  We'll have meat, fruit salad, other munchies and beverages but additional food donations are always welcome.  We can also go pretty late, certainly later than 10:30 since the kids will not be there.  The address is 2713 Pasadena Place, Flower Mound, TX 75022.  Please call my husband or our house (972-899-2501) if you need further directions.  We are about 10 minutes north of Grapevine Mills Mall.

 We will have wood day in our garage the next day, June 27 (probably starting about 10 or so the next morning through the day), and we will have FREE (although it's very green) wood to turn.  My husband says that you CAN turn green wood, although of course it may dry and shrink up a bit later. He is working on some kumihimo looms as well.

If there is anyone who would like to stay over and do woodworking in the morning, please let me know and I will be happy to get the guest room ready!  There should be sufficient crash space for several persons.

We have two Westies and no kitties at present although we have had cats in the past.

Christianna