[Steppes] MOC Thanks Yous from Steppes Warlord

ewilson618 at tx.rr.com ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Tue May 26 15:27:57 PDT 2009

I just wanted to thank all the parents, grandparents, and teens who volunteered in the MOC area at Warlord.  We had 22 children on Saturday for safe swords, sand bottles, japanese braiding, leathercraft and general games and music making.  We had a great time (and this includes the adults and teens).  Special thanks to my husband Duncan de Bard for setting up and taking down the pavillions and for helping to find lost parents.  Also special thanks to Patrick (JT) who volunteered for 2 to 3 hours in the afternoon and also helped with taking things down (and kept us sane!)  Other volunteers who were fabulous and whose names I have included Leah La' Malchanceuse (Darlene Fox), Not Claire (Alexandra Shahan) who was handy with the sand art, Nickolozos (Melody Tucker), Meadhbh inghean Rois (Teresa Carr), Elen Elvery, and Jacqueline Von Kern.  I know there are some other names missing, like Morgan (the teen girl) and that nice couple who did rapier fighting (but the husband fought with the kids and the safe swords in the am), and the gentleman who stayed all day and entertained his 4 year old daughter, keeping our ratio all day at three or more adults. Does anyone knjow how to get marker out of a kilt? Also thanks to my own kids Elena and Anabella who didn't complain if materials ran low and who behaved well all day from 8 am until the bardic competition break around midnight (maybe next year we can finally stay through the whole competition).  Please email me or the list if you helped out with Ministry of Children activities and did not get mentioned because regrettably I don't have your name.  I think the kids who participated really had fun and many did not want to leave, so hopefully they learned a few things without working too hard (at least they learned how to bash the heck out of each other with pool noodles).  Hope to see everyone and their kids at Steppes Artisan where the activities will be a little more (ahem) sedate.

Christianna Fergusson