[Steppes] Sparking Imagination (School Demo)

donnelshaw at aol.com donnelshaw at aol.com
Wed May 27 18:06:06 PDT 2009

Beth and I both teach in the Venus ISD. It is a very low income
district and the children do not all have access to books in their
home. We will be inspiring not only the children but the parents to
build a dream not only in the belief of Knights and Ladies. That dreams
are possible and can come true with imagination, perseverance and
desire. Ruby Payne says 'Individuals leave poverty for one of four
reasons: a goal or vision of something they want to be or have;a
situation that is so painful that anything would be better ; someone
who "sponsors' them; or a specific talent or ability that provides an
opportunity for them" It would be nice to know that we helped to give
them that goal or vision. The enthusiasm to learn and the willingness
to give the 110% needed to archive their goals. This is an honorable
venture and we are an educational group. Many of our populous have
given years to teaching. In an age when many think of themselves we
need to strive to help others. Many of my values I learned as a teen in
the SCA I still hold true and try to pass on to my students each year.
This will be your turn. This will be a wonderful opportunity even if it
is at the last minute. Because of that it will probably not be an SCA
demo but would be a wonderful way to give back to our community.

In remembering the past don't forget the future.
HL Maili Donnel MacGregor.

=0
A-----Original Message-----