[Steppes] Thanks for the warm welcome!

Randy Shipp randyshipp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 22:23:41 PDT 2010

Thanks to His Excellency, Duncan, Fiacha, and the other kind folks
whose names I can't recall for welcoming me and my wife, Marissa,
today at the Steppes fighter practice.  Everyone was generous with
their time and expertise as I asked questions about garb, armor, and
other activities than heavy fighting.  I also witnessed the same
gracious behavior towards other spectators and onlookers.  This really
gives a positive impression to the general public of what you folks
are doing!

In the days and weeks ahead, I'll probably begin posting newbie
questions here so that I can pick all of your brains as I seek to ease
back into this SCA thing after a lengthy hiatus.  (I hung around with
folks in Atlantia for a time, even making it to Pennsic once many
moons ago.)  Thanks in advance for your help.  I look forward to
seeing you all again, or meeting most of you for the first time.

Yours in Service,

Antoine D'Aubernoun, mka Randy Shipp