[Steppes] Sewing Newbie

William Meriic wmeriic at tx.rr.com
Tue Apr 27 07:48:40 PDT 2010

When I first discovered the SCA, I had no contacts to it and knew no one who
sewed.  I had a machine and began to sew my first few tunics.  I knew enough
about sewing the know the machine should advance the fabric forward with
each stitch.  But, it wouldn't.  It would advanced the fabric in reverse
mode, however.  So, I sewed for several months backwards.  Eventually, I was
telling this to someone in the SCA, and they recommended I check the stitch
length, which was indeed set to zero.  It took a while to get used to sewing
forward.  In my defense, I didn't have the manual.

Will