[Steppes] Children's Activities Update

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Fri Jan 1 12:44:49 PST 2010

Children's Activities will be held at 12th Night in a separate room from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
Parents must sign in and sign out children ages 5 through 12, who will wear an MOC badge,
and parents should  leave a cell phone number if possible.  We would appreciate it if parents or
guardians would remain on site while we have their children, or sign the child out
if they need to leave the site.

Children under 5 must be accompanied by a parent or teen to all MOC activities, and that person
is responsible for getting that child to the bathroom, etc.  Teens ages 13 and
up are more than welcome to participate in the activities and/or help out,
and may come and go as they please as long as they have a parent or guardian on site.
 Children ages 9 and up are considered "MOC helpers" and are expected to help the smaller
children with activities to some extent, and should model good behavior at all times.

We should have at least 3-4 adult volunteers but we can always use more if you are interested!

The schedule is tentatively as follows, times being approximate:

12:30 pm sign in and free play

12:45 pm illuminated letters class by Katerine, practice charter painting,  coloring and watercolors.
Something for everyone at every level.

1:15 pm Sir Orfeo class by Christianna:  learn about the story of Sir Orfeo that will be performed at 3 pm.

1:45 pm Potty break and Children go with MOC escorts to the Dive Show at the Fish Hatchery (2 pm
show).  If there are enough volunteers, children may remain behind in the MOC area
and engage in free play if they don't want to attend the dive show--otherwise all will attend.
Games available will include mancala and nine men's morris, among
others.

2 pm Dive show at the fish hatchery, look at the fish of Ansteorra (30 minutes or so). Children
return to the MOC area by about 2:45.

3 pm Sir Orfeo performance:  for children 8 and up who promise to be on their BEST behavior.
Younger children and those who would prefer not to see Sir Orfeo will return to the MOC area
 for board games, crafts, and origami.  Books and toys will also be available.
 Practice charter painting will also be available for older children and teens if there is interest.

3:45 pm:  all children back in the MOC area.  May go outside for games if weather is nice, or
stay in room and play.  Continue with free play, board games, and origami; read books, etc.

4:30 pm:  please sign out all children promptly.  Cleanup of MOC area from 4:30 to 5 pm.

For those arriving on site early, I believe there is a Dive Show at 11 am too, but we are not taking
a group to this one.  However, it is available if your children need something to do before 12:30 pm.

Please contact me if you have any questions or I can be of service,

Lady Christianna inghean Fearghus