[Steppes] 12th Night Court results and thanks

Julie Cunningham katheryn.cunningghame at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:29:00 PST 2010

 To the Barony of the Steppes do I Katheryn send greetings

What a wondrous event 12th Night was!  Thank you everyone who came from near
and far to participate in our event.

We had our traditional contests this year. There were so many lovely table
decorations and wonderful selections of garb it was hard to choose.  The
table top contest winner was Mistress Alix Tiburga for her lovely Russian
theme.  Best early period men's costume was Sir Lochlan and early period
lady's was to Lady Gwen.  Best late period men's costume was HE Llewelyn and
lady's was Mistress Elin.  Congratulations!

Here is what happened in court.

Lady Susanne is the newest member to the Order of the Oak of the
Steppes. Susanne you give your all to this barony even through great
personal hardship.  You inspire us all. Congratulations to you and thank you
for your hard work here in the Steppes.

Acorns went to Lady Megan for her service to the Steppes, Lindenwood and to
Glaslyn. Lady Christianna also received an acorn for her energy and
dedication to the the children and to the MOC office. An acorn also went to
Lord Will Merrick for his tireless service to this barony and to Ansteorra.
 Thanks to you all!

Their Majesties awarded a Sable Thistle in painting to Lady Viviana and an
Award of Arms to Duncan de Bard.  Congratulations  - proud of you both!

Other awards in Their Majesties court  - to Sir Dafydd a Star of Merit,
to HLady Adelaide de Bourbon and to Mistress Gilyan a Court Barony, and to
Lady Jaquelinne Marguerite de la Ryver and to HE Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
the award of the Sable Crane.

Thanks to Honorable Lady Margarite and Lady Mellisande for working as event
stewards for this event. Thanks also to Master Duncan, Mistress Genevieve
and Lady Annwn for helping with gate, decorations and merchants. Thanks to
the many who worked to make this a lovely event.

Thanks also to my cousin, HE Druinne and her staff for her lovely
feast. Thanks to Lady Genevieve de Lironcourt for heading up the
servers. Many loved the feast and raved about it afterwards.

Thank you so much to Master Philip for leading several of us in dance. There
were many who participated and had a great time. We miss you Philip!

Thanks also to Lady Layla, Lady Megan and Lady Vyolante for assisting me
during the day.  Thanks also to Lady Layla, HLady Saqra and HLady Suzanna
the Herbalist for donations to the baskets.

I was very honored to personally receive a gift from the Steppes Free
Association of Metalsmiths.  It was a lovely Celtic inspired necklace and
matching earrings.  It included viking wire woven by Symmone, silver
piercework by HL Vincenzo, the citrine cutting and silver settings by HL
Jaque and the presentation box by HLady Nuala.  Thanks to you all for such a
lovely gift!

It was a grand 12th Night!  May everyone have a blessed New Year.

In service to the barony I remain
Katheryn
Baroness of the Steppes
Lady Glaslyn and Lindenwood