[Steppes] Gulfwar XIX Camp and Registration Info

Alianorra MacAiodh alianorramacaiodh at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 17 16:21:44 PST 2010

The drums of war toll in the distance...

War looms around the corner and Her Excellency Katheryn Cunningghame asks all to join her this year at Gulfwar XIX in the Steppes Baronial Encampment.

Gulfwar is right around the corner and ACCEPS is live
and ready for registration. Here is the link to register for Gulfwar
XIX.
online:
http://acceps.ansteorra.org/GW2010/gw_event_main.php?eid=105

by mail:
http://www.gulfwars.org/gw19registration.pdf
(you must print the form fill it out and mail it)

Online Registration is available through February 18, 2010. If you need to mail your registration in it must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2010.

Remember
to register for the Kingdom of Ansteorra and the Barony of the Steppes
as the group you are camping with.

Once you have registered please contact me with the following information.

SCA Name
Mundane Name
Date of Arrival on site
Measurement of tent With and Without Ropes
Who will be camping in your tent with you if anybody
Is your tent Period or Mundane

Remember
we each get 15' X 15' per person registered this includes walk ways and
common areas. We Will be crossing ropes as much as possible to allow
for a comfortable camping area.

****Camp Amenities***

Steppes Shower~ We are lucky once again to have a shower with on demand hot water in camp again this year. Lord Geoffrey Sparhauk is sending his personal shower for the Barony's use. Master Duncan has offered to transport this shower and help set it up. Please take a moment to thank these gentleman and their ladies for this service.

Food Plan Options~ There are a number of options for food at Gulfwar. Here is a list of some of them.

Isabella of Bryn Gwlad:
She has offered the following meal plan for
those wishing to participate. Please email me for further information
for this option.

$12.00/day per person
~includes Breakfast, sack lunch, and dinner with drinks
$6.00/day per person
~Dinner only

As of today I still have not received a menu, but will post additional information when that occurs. She asks that all participants sign up by Feb 20th and Your plan be paid by March 1st.

On Site Feast Hall: This food is typically southern style cooking. Unfortunately there is no menu available in advance.

Breakfast served 7am-10am $5.50
Lunch served 11am-2pm $6.00
Dinner served 5pm-8pm $6.50

Meal ticket special $50.00 this pays for 9 meals (your choice)

In Camp Plan:

For
those interested in organizing this as an option or participating in
one please contact me privately and I will put everyone in touch with
each other. This may require a user group so as not to clutter up the
Steppes list. So far I have only heard from two people interested in this option.

We will be bringing the Baronial Pavilion for common use. At this time a Basic in camp Kitchen will be
available for use. Each person planning to cook will need to bring
cooking supplies and utensils.

Everyone is responsible for helping keep the kitchen cleaned after use.

***There is a $10.00 usage fee for the kitchen and the shower. This helps cover propane and basic kitchen items for everyone's use during the War. ***

 I am available to answer questions of any kind regarding Gulfwar and the
Steppes Encampment. If there are any changes regarding what will be
available in camp it will be posted to the list.

For questions please contact me at AlianorraMacAiodh at yahoo.com

We look forward to seeing you at War!

Lady Alianorra MacAiodh
"Camp Mom" Gulfwar XIX