[Steppes] Glaslyn and Lindenwood

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Tue Jan 19 14:06:21 PST 2010

I do not know much about Glaslyn other than their name was registered originally in July of 1984 so obviously they were around before then to get it sent up.  I had thought I heard it was active then went defunct and then got started up again at one point.  But as they say that was before my time so i do not know for sure.

Lindenwood had its name registered in February 1998.  I do know it was Incipient fro years prior to that.  As a matter of fact it was on the verge of being nuked by kingdom for being incipient so long with no movement towards becoming a full group.  My in-laws were actually fairly instrumental in getting the paperwork pushed through and all the Is dotted and Ts crossed.  I was active there at the tail end of that period and for years afterward.

There actually were a number of reasons it was founded.  Most of which I will not get into discussion about in this list. :-D

Originally it was Irving and Coppell area and during that time a good number of the SCA members that played in Lindenwood lived in Lewisville.  At that time Lewisville was still a part of Steppes proper and not part of Glaslyn as it is today.  After Glaslyn annexed Lewisville and many of the members in that city stopped playing in Lindenwood or in the SCA altogether, the group started to really stagnate and lack for growth.  The leadership of that tame decided to annex lands going south as a way for the group to grow and thus zipco0des were added going through Duncanville, Cedar Hill and Midlothian.

Alasdair
And yes, Little Elm IS Steppes proper not Glaslyn.  Barely, but it is. :-D