[Steppes] heraldic question

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Fri Jul 2 20:35:42 PDT 2010

uillecc <uilliacc at gmail.com> wrote:
>  As I'm trying to move my device along with a better drawing than the
>  sleeping poodle-bear that the pennsic herald drew for me, does the

I dunno with the head I might have gone as far as poodle-pig-bear. :-D

Anyway I have somethign that _might_help.  Doing a search in the oanda I found 10 instances of registrations with a bear dormant.  I had hoped there might be an example in OSCAR which is used for commentary at the society level, but no luck.  The latest was 2006.  http://oanda.sca.org/oanda_bp.cgi?p=bear+dormant&c=case-insensitive&l=25&s=name+only&d=modern&g=enabled&a=disabled

What I _was_ able to track down was this page:  http://atensubmissions.nexiliscom.com/11-2005LoI.shtml .  If you scroll down to the bottom and look at the image for item 19. (Raubjo;rn inn yngri:) you will find a mini-emblazon of a device with a bear dormant that ended up being registered as depicted.  So there is an example of a registerable bear dormant.

Also if you want to see the emblazons from any of the other registered armory let me know and I will see what i can do to get you scans of the images.

Hope this helps,
Alasdair