[Steppes] Steppes Archery Practice 6/27/10 & Steppes Bowyer & Fletchers Guild meeting:

William Black Dragon ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 25 09:39:55 PDT 2010

Greetings all,

Yes we do plan to hold practice this Sunday 9AM until noon, its
going to be warm so dress appropriately and bring plenty of fluids
to drink.  Steppes archery practice is held at the old Eastfield
college archery range next to the tennis courts at 3737 Motley
Drive in Mesquite just north of the I-30/Motley exit.  The archery
range is on the left, parking can be found at the far end of the
church parking lot on the right.

We do have a limited amount of loaner gear and other archers
willing to help instruct on which way the pointy end of the arrow
goes if you are new to the sport or help you hone those rusty
skills you might already have.  So come join us to fling a few
feathered shafts down range on a warm Sunday morning.

After archery practice we plan to adjourn to my patio and hold
our first Steppes Bowyer & Fletchers Guild meeting that we
have held in a very long time.  We plan to see whom we have
left within our ranks and re-accesses what we need to concentrate
on for the rest of the year.  We shall also plan to hold a bow &
crossbow string making class as has been requested by most
of those attending our archery practice.  Both "Flemish twist" &
"contentious loop" styles shall be taught.  We shall start around
1PM (to give folks time to grab lunch) and should finish up about
4PM.

The patio is covered and I have several box fans to help keep us
cool.  I shall be providing iced tea and there is a small fridge on
the patio to put your drinks in.  Snacks are always welcome
should wish to bring any to share.  I do have some places to sit
and tables however it might be wise to bring your camp chairs
just in case we run out or you need to sit closer to the tables.

Please note either house nor yard are kid friendly (we haven't had
small children around here since the 80's) and there is a small koi
pond so if you bring children you shall have to keep a close eye on
them.  Also be advised there is a very fuzzy house cat if you have
cat allergies.

The house address is 2325 Cody Drive & easy to find from the
archery range, just take I-30 toward Dallas, get off on St. Frances
and go north (right), you will pass two stop signs continue until
Banquo and turn left, go to Cody Drive and turn right (only way
you can) and we are halfway down the block on the left.  My Black
Dragon banner will be flying on the house. (Should you miss
Banquo and see the stoplight at Ferguson Road coming up turn
left at Angiers Way and go to the first street on the left and turn,
that's Cody and we are halfway up on the right.)  Please park on
the street and leave the drive clear for the elderly folks to get back
in should they return home early.

No need to go to the front door just come around the right side of
house its open to the patio (we likely won't hear the doorbell anyway).
Should you get lost or have any questions just ring me up on my
cell phone 214-779-0777.

We hope you shall join us!

Regards,

HL William Black Dragon called "Ironwyrm"
Interim Archery Marshal of the Steppes