[Steppes] Also Home from Gulf Wars and Still Have Cookies

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Tue Mar 23 07:02:29 PDT 2010

The de Bard family also made it home from Gulf Wars Sunday, after a brief overnight
stop in Ruston, LA to clean up and rest.  Everything appears to be in one
piece and I am finally checking email again although very behind (Duncan
had 1500 emails at work and is down to the last 300 so don't expect to
hear from him for a while).  We might even go again next year (the girls are
already begging to go to Pennsic but probably not this year, although
we are thinking about Lillies!)  We had a
great time although we were kind of wandering around a lot looking lost.

We do still have some GS cookies for sale because
they wouldn't fit in the van to take to Gulf Wars and they didn't all sell
at All Con (some Daisy scout, about age 6, was also there and got a lot of the sales!)
But thanks to Will Meriic for letting us sell the cookies at All Con and for all that he did
to make it easy for us to participate and to make that demo a great success!!

I have about 2 cases left of assorted varieties of cookies (no Samoas), so let me know if
you are interested in MORE.  We are also trying to put together a quick garage sale for
Sat to sell cookies (at full price) and other stuff we don't need (at discounted prices),
so if we decide we can do it we will keep you posted.

Thanks to all of you for tips and tricks, especially Don Alaric and Mistress Serena
(the stuff bags and stacking tubs really worked), Lord Crandall for all of his tips (girls did
visit the barn and even walked the greyhounds), HL Saqra for loaning us rugs and
a cot, and especially Lord Faelen and Lady Regan for the loan of their AWESOME tent!
Thanks to Lady Viviana, Lady Gabrielle, and Fiona the Needleworker for helping us with
and making us some garb, especially to Viv for the cloaks and hats that we used a LOT.
And thanks again to those in the Barony of Namron who helped us set up the tent at night!
Thanks also to Lady Anwen and Lord John for loaning us a torch and especially
for the medication when I got sick at Gulf Wars with the stomach bug.

Christianna inghean Fearghus, on 14th load of laundry (really)