[Steppes] The Steppes Baronial Guard - call for interest

Baron of the Steppes baron at steppes.ansteorra.org
Wed Nov 24 12:24:37 PST 2010

Greetings to the warriors, artisans, and movers of the Barony of the
Steppes,

At Steppes 12th Night, Baroness Genevieve and myself will be reinstating the
Steppes Baronial Guard.

Our guard will have several functions/goals:
- to serve as a ceremonial and court guard
- as the basis of a fighting unit to represent us at melee events
- willing hands to assist at baronial events
- fun

I will be available at Sunday and Tuesday practices, as well as at period
gamesters and business meeting, for the next two weeks, to talk with anyone
who is interested. I have also opened up a forum at
http://www.steppes.org/forum specifically for the guard to use.

I will have available at the meetings, as well as on the forums, the
following information:

- What are our expectations
- What we offer to those who join
- Requirements for joining
- Structure of the guard

Please contact me privately or see me at one of the guard interest meetings
if you have any questions. I am excited about what the guard could become,
and I look forward to working with it.

Thanks,

Baron Duncan