[Steppes] populace meeting thanks

Baron of the Steppes baron at steppes.ansteorra.org
Mon Oct 18 14:38:13 PDT 2010

While it wasn't a meeting per se, the gathering of the populace in the park
was awesome, and we'd like to make a few acknowledgments.

To John and Annwn, for carrying the baronial pavilion, list field, and
assorted equipment to and from the storage locker, thank you.

To the members of the populace who set up and took down  the pavilion and
list field, thank you also.

To Kat and Fujiyama, who brought out the ballista and crossbows for folks to
try out, thank you.

To everyone who brought, helped set up, or consumed the food and drinks at
the pot luck lunch, thank you. =)

To the 12 armored fighters, 5 rapier fighters, and 6 youth fighters who were
good sports and competed in our first Baron and Baronesses Favor
Tournaments, thank you.

To Neil MacNeill and Ingvar who won their age classes of the youth
tournament, congratulations.

To Sir Soggy Waffles aka Sir Lochlan who won the Baron's Favor,
congratulations.

To Don Ingve who won the Baroness'es Favor, congratulations.

To Katya, Marguerite, and Lyneya aka "The List Babes", thank you for running
these lists.

To the 5 combatants whose first tournament was at the park, congratulations.

To first time heralds Konrad and Kohaku, well done!

We feel that this combined populace/potluck/tournament/practice/court was an
incredible success and fun was had by the approximately 50 people in
attendance. Having these things together was something we wanted to try, and
our decision to have it was reinforced by the recent interest poll, where
the populace members let us know they also wanted something like this to
happen.

This WILL be a repeat occurrence. Having a small, friendly tournament and a
local court is great for newer folks to get a feel for how the SCA works. In
the future we also may include arts and sciences classes, melees, combat
archery, and more opportunities for attack heraldry.

In service,

Baron Duncan and Baroness Genevieve