[Steppes] Please Check In!

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Wed Sep 8 20:07:55 PDT 2010

I'm fine; I was in Arlington during the worst of it.

Serena was in a class on the 8th floor of a building in downtown Dallas.  Two other students got text messages from parents saying "There's a tornado near downtown."  Then the sirens went off.  She watched a funnel cloud forming out the window, wondering why they were standing by a window watching a funnel cloud forming, when the school alarm went off.  She called me a few minutes later to let me know that they were now safe in the basement.

Anyway, we're both home safe now.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

"... safe in the basement..."?  During a flood?