[Steppes] Warlord Indoor Activities: Garage Sale and Children's Activities

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Tue Apr 5 07:22:01 PDT 2011

We will be sorting through tubs of clothing tonight at
Clothier's Guild with the plan of selling some of it at Warlord
at an indoor garage sale, and re-organizing our newcomer garb.
We plan to use the  garage sale money for fabric for tunics. However,
If anyone has clean tunics to donate, particularly in larger sizes,
please let Rhonwen or myself know.

If anyone would like to volunteer to help with this garage sale,
please let me know.  It would be a good idea to
have two people available and it will be inside!

 My plan is to run this sale in the morning
after opening court until approximately 1:30 pm
(unless there are other volunteers to run
it from 2-4).

In order to have children's activities, which I would like to
have from 2-4 pm on Saturday, I also need another adult helper, or even
someone who can just sit in the area so we have the two required
adults.  The helper does not need to have a background check since
I'll be there.  Teen helpers (over 12) are also welcome!  So please
volunteer!!!  If I don't have another helper we can't have these activities,
and that would be very sad.

If more children's activities are desired at this event (more than the
two hours), I really
need someone to volunteer for the Steppes MOC position and get
a background check!  I do have ideas
and materials for more than two hours of activities and I
can help with planning!  This is a great position for a newcomer or someone who
has not held an office before. It is also really important for newcomers
with children and our visitors from other Baronies to get a break from their young ones
so that they can mix and mingle with the adults!!

Because we have such an active
youth boffer program that many of our youth are involved in, the
numbers at Warlord last year were 10-15 in the children's activities,
not 30 as in years past.  It will be inside out of the heat and it was very
calm last year!!!

 The children of Ansteorra need learning activities so
I hope someone out there will seriously consider this position!

Christianna inghean Feargus