[Steppes] Field Trip to Meadows

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Wed Feb 2 17:04:15 PST 2011

I think we should do a field trip to the Meadows to see the exhibit.  The biggest
problem for me is my Destination Imagination schedule is kind of up in the air, especially
with all this bad weather.  Duncan checked and it is $8 per person, $6 for students
and $4 for kids.   I think if you can get a group of 10 you can get a docent tour but that
costs an extra $5 per adult (less for students).

 I know that a lot of people may be going to KIngdom A & S next weekend, but
if not, that might be a good weekend to go.  I am conflicted out for sure the 19th and
26th of February and the 5th of March, so there go all the Saturdays.  On Sunday they
don't open until 1, so that conflicts with fighter practice, but everything conflicts with
something.  So if anyone would like to go (perhaps on the 12th or 13th), let me know!
(Not this weekend--yes, indeed, the schedule is full already and even I know not to
mess with Superbowl Sunday).

Our demo there was great and we ate at La Madeleine afterward, plus there are numerous
restaurants in the area in all price ranges.  Cafe Brazil up the road is also nice.
I just didn't get to see enough of the permanent collection during the demo.  Oh, and
they had a really cool gift shop, and I though it was much more reasonable in pricing
than that at the Dallas Museum of Art.

Christianna inghean Fearghus