[Steppes] Update on Baron Lyelf

Catherine Sims simscath at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 08:56:19 PST 2011

Thank you to everyone who has sent good wishes and greetings to Baron
Lyelf.  I have taken them to him and he appreciates them greatly.

The news is mixed.  When I visited on Tuesday evening, he was not really
responsive.  When I visited last night, he was more responsive, but he was
struggling to breathe.  He is still fighting the pneumonia and they're
running tests to see if there is something else going on as well.  His fever
was also up last night, which is not encouraging.  His situation is
difficult at best, and his sister has said that she doesn't believe that he
is really ready for many visitors yet. In fact, she sent me home earlier
than I would have left last night because she thought he needed the rest.

Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers, they do help and
he needs them greatly.  If you wish to send a message to Lyelf, which I
would encourage, please e-mail me offlist and I will get them to him, either
personally or by forwarding them to his sister.

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts, they are much appreciated!

Arianne Balfour
mka Cathy Sims