[Steppes] Possible Drop Spindle Class at Populace in the Park

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 17:18:26 PST 2011

Duncan de Bard and I are working with Esther Reese to
organize an informal Drop Spindle class during Populace in the
Park on this coming Sunday.  Esther has been doing a lot
of spinning and naalbinding in recent months.  We originally
were going to do this as a children's class but we are thinking
that it really should be open to both children and adults.

Esther is getting the materials together tomorrow, and Duncan is
going to try to make about 15 spindles before Sunday in his
spare time.  If you are interested in attending, you should bring a
chair or blanket to sit upon (the floor is hard concrete).  I thought
we would just go over in a corner at the facility, and I will be
attempting to learn as well and keep kids in line,
so I'm there to cover the "2 deep" rule for the
children.

This would be great for kids or adults of any age  who have finished
eating and networking and are
ready to do something besides watch the tournaments.

 I thought we would do the class, if possible, after the youth chivalric
fighters have finished their tournament so that some of them, such as
my girls, could learn the spinning as well.   So the time is somewhat
flexible right now.

We don't have the final cost if you want to keep a spindle, but I think
they are going to cost about $1 each to make.  Or you can bring your
own,spindle.

Esther is sourcing the fiber, but if anyone has some extra fiber that they
would like to donate I'm sure we would appreciate it.