[Steppes] Steppes Land at Gulf Wars

Honour DuBois honourdubois at verizon.net
Mon Jan 24 18:45:26 PST 2011

Greetings,

As Gulf Wars draws closer, preparations are being made, among those
is organizing the land allocated for the great Barony of Steppes.  If
you are wishing to camp with Steppes this year there are several
things that need to be noted.

1) To be able to camp with Steppes at Gulf Wars, you must pre-
register.  You can pre-reg by going to www.gulfwars.org and
downloading the pre-reg form and mailing it in or by using the link
on the site to register online.  If you wish to mail in your pre-
registration, your mail in info and payment must be sent in no later
than Jan 31st, which is next Monday.  If your letter is post dated
after Jan 31st, your pre-reg will not be accepted.  If you wish to
pre-reg online, registration is open until Feb 18th.  Remember to
list Steppes as the group you are camping with.

2) Once you pre-register, email me, your happy land allocator for the
Steppes camp  :)  You can reach me at honourdubois at verizon.net.  In
your email I will need the following information:
          SCA Name (no titles), Mundane Name, Tent size (length and
width including ropes), Names of people sharing your tent (if
applicable), side of tent door is on, and Day of Arrival (if you are
on GW staff and will be on the early on crew it is essential you let
me know so that I can place you in a spot where we will not have to
move you out of once site opens).

With this information I will be able to verify that all are
appropriately allocated to Steppes and that upon your arrival, there
will be an area clearly marked for your tent.  There are a few things
to keep in mind with camp space allocation.  When you pre-reg for war
you are given a 15x15 spot in GW/Steppes Land.  Although it may be
seem silly, lets do a little math....one pre-reg person equals a
15x15 space, two pre-reg people is a 15x30 space, not a 30x30.  This
seems like common sense, but people get the math wrong every year.
Also know that your 15 x 15 space also includes a donation to walk
ways and common space.  So when packing your stuff, please don't
think you can fit your 15x15 tent in your area.  In truth, you really
only have a 10x10 space per pre-reg person for physical camping and
tent space.  If we all stick to this, Steppes camp can be set up
efficiently and we wont be stacking tents on top of each other and
figuring out how to hang them from the trees.  :)

I really look forward to seeing you all at war.  If you have any
questions or need any additional information, please feel free to
contact me.

In Service,
HE Honour du Bois