[Steppes] Gulf War

Carol Ross gdc at stormypetrel.org
Sun Mar 6 12:05:48 PST 2011

Greetings to everyone,

The countdown for the final week prior to Gulf War has begun and we find
ourselves just as busy as you guys trying to get ready.

I do need to ask for a volunteer or two that will be on site on opening
day. The Baronies are hosting a hospitality for everyone that is on site
that day and as such we will have hot soup available. I will need
someone to watch over the Oxtail Stew (just making sure it does not
burn) and set up the pita and hummus(if you care to donate to this then
we welcome and pita, pita chips or hummus you care to provide) for our
donation while Duncan and I participate in the opening day parade. After
the parade is over I will join you so that we can serve the Known World
that is in attendance.

Additionally, on Friday  from 8 a.m to 3 p.m. in Bede Hall will be the
open Gulf Wars A & S. We do encourage you to bring any projects out and
put them on display no matter what level of expertise. You may bring
extensive documentation or you can bring just a simple 3x5 card with
who, what, when, where and why on it. Prizes will be awarded based on
populace judging, which also means that everyone gets to attend and
judge on what they like best!

If you are new to Gulf War or if you are not please remember to
volunteer. This event just like ours at home can not run without a lot
of help. And if you do volunteer please make sure to turn in your
volunteer hours. When you do this you are not only providing hours
towards the volunteer war point but also you can designate where you
want your "earnings" to go. For example, if you chose to put down the
Kingdom Travel fund or the Barony of The Steppes, then proceeds from
Gulf War will be ear marked for the group or fund when the event is over.

For those fighting, please take care of your health and remember to eat
and drink plenty of water. We look forward to watching your prowess on
the field!

Duncan and Genevieve