[Steppes] Steppes Warlord - we need you!

shark shark75080 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 4 18:59:05 PDT 2011

Greetings to the populace of the Steppes!!!

We have about three weeks until Warlord happens - ready or not!

I know we all have things that we are taking care of at the event, things we run
every year. Whether it is tournaments, archery, children/youth events, or
partying (you know who you are), we still need you to help out with the general
stuff that makes the event run smoothly. At the top of the list, we still need
volunteers for gate shifts, security shifts, and heralds for the site and list
field. We need people on site Friday to help setup and decorate AND people on
Sunday to help tear down all the majesty that is Warlord.

It was a little nerve-wracking to see how few people came out to business
meeting. I know we are all busy. So, I think posts to the lists and emails will
have to serve to help  us get these jobs staffed!

If you want to volunteer for gate for a particular shift, you can email the
autocrats:

Honour:  honourdubois at verizon.net, Susanna: shark75080 at sbcglobal.net, or our
exchequer Elec at treasurer at steppes.ansteorra.org

We have 2-3 hour shifts running from 5 - 12 Friday night, 6 - midnight on
Saturday, and 6 - 1pm on Sunday.  Let us know when you want to work gate and we
will get you set up to serve.

If you want to sign up for security, we have all shifts open. We need two people
per shift, starting at 8pm to 2am Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. The beauty
of this is that you get a golf cart to ride around in to help check all the
Baronial gear and camp sites to ensure everything is safe! Please contact the
autocrats to sign up for this duty:  Honour:  honourdubois at verizon.net, Susanna:
shark75080 at sbcglobal.net

If you want to help out with list field or site Heralding, contact our Baronial
Herald at the following email address:  garylkoehler at yahoo.com

If you want to help with decorations on Friday night and Saturday morning please
contact the autocrats or our Seneschal at seneschal at steppes.ansteorra.org.

We will have a work day for prepping the list poles and making banners at the
fighter practice before Warlord - 5/22, Sunday at 2pm. We will have pop-ups for
shade. Please come out and help us make this event beautiful!

Please consider serving and volunteering. The stewards are preparing a cool
volunteer basket for the person with the most volunteer points. If you get to
site and have set up your stuff and have any time on your hands, find Honour or
me and we can help you find stuff to do that will help us get ready and earn
points for the basket.

Please help us make Warlord a success this year!

In Service,
Susanna co-steward, Steppes Warlord