[Steppes] QC - thank you from the Baron

Baron of the Steppes baron at steppes.ansteorra.org
Mon May 23 07:47:06 PDT 2011

I had a wonderfully fun time at Queen's Champion this past weekend, due in
no small part to the contributions of others to make out baronial presence
awesome.

We arrived on site only to find that we had grabbed the wrong tote, and our
baronial pavilion had no stakes or ropes. Due to the generosity and
sacrifice of House Porto, who lent us the use of their ropes and stakes in
lieu of putting up their own pavilion, our baronial green and gold was able
to go up. House Porto shared space in our pavilion, as they rightly should,
and them being there made the day more fun for everyone. Words cannot
express how glad it made me to spend the day with you all.

Thanks to everyone that pitched in and helped set up and tear down the
pavilion. It is a beast, and the afternoon winds increased the level of
difficulty. Many hands did indeed make light work of it though.

Thank you to our Baroness Genevieve,Sir Asoph, and Mistress Michelle, for
providing refreshments for everyone. Everyone appreciated your efforts. The
mint tea and strawberry limeade, and the fruits, veggies, and sandwiches
gave our fighters the nutrition to keep fighting all day.

Thank you to Lord Jon and Mistress Asiya for taking care of me personally.
My lady was helping with the list table, I was focused on the tourney, and
the two of you kept my glass filled, kept me energized, helped me armor up
before each fight, and put away my things when I was summoned to a meeting
right after the tourney.

Thank you to the rapier fighters of the Steppes, for such a strong showing.
We definitely showed Her Majesty Gwen with our sheer numbers and prowess,
how much our Queen and Kingdom mean to the barony. All of the hard work and
training that I have seen at our local practice has paid off, and you all
made myself and Her Excellency so very proud.

And thanks to everyone who gathered under the pavilion. It is a joyous thing
for a baron to hear the sound of fellowship and camaraderie from the
populace of the lands he watches over. The shared experience and community
built by the populace is what every landed noble hopes for, and this past
weekend I witnessed it.

Steppes is an awesome place to be (a wee bit of bias there)... and it is not
because of anything I can do, but entirely due to the work, deeds, and
sacrifice of the populace. Everyone should feel pride in themselves that
Genevieve and I feel for them.

I look forward to seeing you all this next weekend at our Warlord event.

your humble servant,

Duncan Hepburn
PROUD Baron of the Steppes