[Steppes] demo help

Karen Calhoun kmcalhou at garlandisd.net
Wed Jan 11 08:58:21 PST 2012

I have been asked to put out a call for help for a group of 5th grade girl scouts.  They are a new troop meeting in Rowlett.  All of the girls are brand new and are eager to get started earning badges and learning.  I mentioned that I could hook them up with sewers, painters, story tellers, etc., and the response was overwhelming.

They have asked me to help with a woodshop demo.  I was also thinking of setting up a basic sewing day (buttons and hems). Then following up with a jeans pillow made on the sewing machine.  I will definitely need help (and machines) on that day.  It may end up as a multiple day project.

If you are able to help on a Tuesday and/or have a topic of interest, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Karen/Katya